Sub-subject: Onsi Sawiris (Orthodox Coptic Christian). Syllabus:
- The Egyptian Orthodox Businessperson Onsi Sawiris
- The Egyptian conglomerate Orascom Group
Sample of the Sub-subject: Onsi Sawiris (Egyptian Orthodox)
Sub-Subject Description: Onsi Sawiris (Egyptian Businessperson):
In this study we introduce the four members of the Egyptian family
Sawiris, all they Coptic Christians (Orthodox); they have founded the Orascom Group, the first Egyptian
multinational. Unfortunately, many of them have had to leave Egypt after the Arab Spring.
- In 1930 was born Onsi Sawiris, the patriarch of the Sawiris family. He founded Orascom Onsi Sawiris & Co in 1950, today the company has a business interest in international trade, contracting, telecommunications, tourism, and hotels
- In 1971, Orascom was nationalised.
- Today the company has cement factories in Algeria, Pakistan, Iraq, Belgium, Nigeria, Dubai, Spain, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and South Africa
- Onsi Sawiris has a fortune of 2.900 million dollars. Onsi
Sawiris is Coptic Christian (Orthodox Church). He also founded Orascom Telecom Holding
- Corporate social responsibility.
- Onsi Sawiris founded in 2000
the “Onsi Sawiris Scholarship” in collaboration with Orascom
- Nassef Onsi Sawiris, was born in Egypt in 1961, today is the Managing
Director (CEO) of Orascom Construction Industries, and he is a major owner of Lafarge.
- Nassef Onsi Sawiris is the actual Director of Dubai International Financial Exchange.
Onsi Sawiris belongs to the East African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.
Religions and business - African Businesspeople - Egyptian: Tarek Talaat Moustafa, Hassan Abdalla, and Mohamed Mansour