Internationalization of business. International competitiveness
EENI - Business School
Learning unit: Internationalization. Syllabus:
- Competitive strategy and international competitiveness.
- Global strategy.
- Strategic audit.
- Five forces model.
- SWOT Analysis.
- PEST and value chain analysis.
- Cases of internationalization.
Learning materials or Internationalisation Internacionalizacion
Learning unit summary - (Internationalization)
Any person wishing to do international business must be primarily a
strategist, able to design exhaustive strategies adapted to each market.
In this unit we will analyze the main concepts of internationalization
strategies and success stories of different companies.
Michael Porter defined the concept of "5
forces model", involving relationship between competitors, suppliers, importers
/ exporters, the relational strengths can vary in each sector:
- The threat of entry of new competitors (new entrants)
- The threat of substitutes
- The bargaining power of importers
- The bargaining power of suppliers
- The rivalry between existing competitors
Process of strategic audit:
- Resource Audit
- Value Chain Analysis (the objective is to understand the
activities through which a firm develops a competitive advantage)
- Core Competence Analysis
- Performance Analysis
- Portfolio Analysis
- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) Analysis
A PEST (Political, Economic, Social, and
Technological) analysis is an analysis of the external