Preferential Trade Area Mauritius
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Preferential Trade Area (PTA) between Mauritius and Pakistan. Syllabus
- Introduction to the Preferential Trade Area Pakistan-Mauritius
- Rules of Origin of the agreement
Sample of the sub-subject: Preferential Trade Area (PTA) between Mauritius and Pakistan
Sub-Subject Description (Preferential Trade Area Mauritius-Pakistan).
- The main objective of the Preferential Trade Area Mauritius-Pakistan is to
encourage foreign trade (products and services) between the
Islamic Republic of Pakistan and
- Entry into force: 30 July 2007.
- Tariff reduction for a list of products, accorded by Pakistan and Mauritius, has been granted.
- Rules of origin. Product must be wholly produced in Mauritius or
Pakistan. If the total value of the materials is from another country, exceed
65% of the FOB value, rules of origin cannot apply.
- The Preferential Trade Area (PTA) between Mauritius and Pakistan seeks to
eliminate nontariff barriers.
- The Preferential Trade Area also includes a National Treatment Chapter, safeguard measures, antidumping and countervailing measures, Shortage clause, Technical regulations,
or Dispute settlement.
- The Agreement is not notified to the World Trade Organization.
- This Preferential Trade Area consists of a
Muslim country (Pakistan) and a
Hindu country (Mauritius).