Lobito Corridor (Africa)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Lobito Corridor (Angola, the Democratic Republic of the Congo). The Benguela railway:
- Introduction to the Lobito Corridor Project (Angola)
- Port of Lobito
- Benguela railway
- Lobito petroleum refinery
- State of the Lobito Corridor
- Access to the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Zambia
Sample of the Sub-subject: Lobito Corridor
Sub-Subject Description: Lobito Corridor (Central Africa).
- The Intermodal Lobito Corridor Project is developed by the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region
- Countries of the Lobito Corridor: Angola, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (Katanga), and Zambia
- Regions: Central
Africa and Southern Africa
- Type: Multimodal transport corridor (sea, land, and air)
- Port of Lobito is one of the largest port in the region. Connects Angola
with the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Zambia
- Benguela Railway (Caminho de Ferro de Benguela)
- Airport of Catumbela (2.2 million passengers per year)
- Lobito petroleum refinery (Sonangol, investments of 7 billion dollars). Launched in 2012.
- Status: Rehabilitation project (2009)
- Project implementation: December 2016
- Benefits of the Lobito
corridor: to boosting trade of agricultural, mining, and industrial products
- Regional Economic Communities: SADC (Southern African Development Community) and COMESA (Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa)
- Lobito Corridor is included in the Short-Term Action Plan of NEPAD
The Lobito Corridor belongs to the African Civilisation.
- Central African Economic Area
- Southern African Economic Area