EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: the European Union-MERCOSUR Free Trade Agreement (FTA). Syllabus:
- The EU-MERCOSUR Interregional Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Bilateral cooperation framework agreements European Union-MERCOSUR countries
- International Trade Relations between the European Union and the MERCOSUR.
- The European Union (EU)-MERCOSUR Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
Sample of the Sub-subject: The European Union (EU)-MERCOSUR Free Trade
Sub-Subject Description - The European Union-MERCOSUR Free Trade Agreement (FTA):
In 1995 the European Union began free trade negotiations with the MERCOSUR (Southern Common Market) (Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela).
Negotiations were adjourned in 2004.
The European Union decided to re-launch the negotiations with the MERCOSUR in 2010.
Currently, the project of the European Union (EU)-MERCOSUR Free Trade
Agreement is in stand-by.
International Trade EU-MERCOSUR
- Foreign trade between the European Union and the MERCOSUR represents nearly as much as
the European Union trade with the rest
of Latin America markets.
- The European Union was the first largest trade partner of the MERCOSUR (21% of the total trade of the MERCOSUR).
- The MERCOSUR ranks eighth among the European Union trade partners (2.7% of the total European Union International Trade).
- The European Union is the first market of the MERCOSUR for agricultural exports (20% of the total European Union agricultural imports).
European Union exports to the MERCOSUR are industrial products (including machinery), transport equipment and chemicals
Foreign Trade in products (Euros):
- The European Union exported goods to the Southern Common Market: 27.2 billion
- The European Union imported products from the MERCOSUR Region: 35.1 billion
Foreign direct investment (FDI).
- The European Union is the biggest investor in the MERCOSUR.
- The European Union foreign direct investment stock in the MERCOSUR Region: 167.2 billion
The MERCOSUR belongs to the Latin American Economic Area of the Western Christian Civilization
and the European Union to the European area.