Sub-subject: Association Agreement between the European Union and Central America. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Association Agreement between Central America and the European Union (EU)
- The European Union-Central America Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
- Trade Relations between the European Union and Central American countries
Sample of the Sub-subject: The European Union (EU) and Central America:
Sub-Subject Description: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) of the European Union with Central America:
The European Union and
Central American countries (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama) have finished the negotiations for an Association Agreement in 2010.
Foreign Trade EU-Central America.
- In the last decade, the share in Central America of the European Union has stayed mostly steady at 10% (8.5% in 2009).
- Main European Union imports from Central America are office and telecommunication equipment (54%) and export agricultural products (35% in 2010).
- The main exports from the European Union to Central America are machinery and transport equipment (49%) and chemicals products (12%).
Central American countries belong to the Latin American Economic Area and the European Union belongs to the European
area of the Western Civilisation.