Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (Microsoft). Syllabus:
- Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda
- Philanthropic activities of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Sample of the Sub-subject: Bill and Melinda Gates
Sub-Subject Description: Bill and Melinda Gates.
Everyone knows about the story of William Henry Gates (1955), the founder of Microsoft, one of the richest men in the World (about 72,000 million dollars) and one of the greatest philanthropists.
- In 1975, Bill Gates left Harvard University (United States) to dedicate to
Microsoft, the company founded with his friend Paul Allen.
- Gates was able to turn his business into a global software company, with a position of absolute dominance, getting almost all the world's computers would use their programs.
- In 2006, he left the direction of Microsoft to focus on the Bill and Melinda
Gates Foundation, established by his wife, Melinda.
- Bill Gates revolutionised the computing world with Microsoft; now he may be starting another revolution, changing the philanthropic vision of the richest men in the World, especially in the West, thanks to his initiative: the “Giving Pledge.”
- EENI wishes to recognise their philanthropic vision and their invaluable commitment to society.
- Bill Gates declared himself as Agnostic.
According to the magazine “Business Week,” Bill and Melinda Gates donated about 23,000 million dollars to philanthropy.
- In 2004, the foundation developed a campaign to promote AIDS
prevention in India donating 200 million dollars.
- In 2006, they donated 500 million dollars for the struggle against AIDS.
Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, who
also co-chairs the “Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation,” have been the leaders of the initiative: Giving Pledge.
In this study; we will focus on philanthropic activities undertaken by him. These humanitarian actions allow us to identify strong ethical principles clearly, demonstrating that Agnosticism and ethics are compatible.
Religions, ethics, and business