Philip Anschutz (Businessperson. Presbyterian)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Philip Anschutz (Businessperson and Philanthropist. Presbyterian). Syllabus:
- Philip Anschutz (US businessperson and philanthropist)
- Circle Oil Drilling Company
- Anschutz Foundation
Sample of the Sub-subject: Philip Anschutz Businessperson and Philanthropist Presbyterian:
Sub-Subject Description: The US businessperson Philip Anschutz (Presbyterian):
- The businessperson, philanthropist, and billionaire Philip Anschutz (1939) is a member of the
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (Protestantism) and is considered a
- He has been an active sponsor of
some religious and conservative causes.
- Philip Anschutz is the 38ª richest person in the
United States (10,000 million dollars in 2013).
- Anschutz bought his father's oil drilling company "Circle A Drilling"
in 1961, and earned large profits which the shares invested in real estate
- Later he began to invest in entertainment companies, Anschutz co-founded the
Major League Soccer and bought shares of several teams (Los
Angeles Galaxy, Chicago Fire)
- Anschutz owns stakes of the Los
Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Kings.
- Anschutz also invests in family films such
as "The Chronicles of Narnia."
- In early 1980, the Anschutz Ranch, with its one billion barrels of oil
barrels, became the largest oil discovery in the United States.
- He sold half of its stake to Mobil Oil for 500 million dollars in 1982.
- Anschutz Foundation, founded in 1964, offers a wide variety of community
services, cultural, and artistic, as well as health facilities.
Religion and Global Business