Sub-subject: Philip Anschutz (Businessperson and Philanthropist. Presbyterian). Syllabus:
- Philip Anschutz (US businessperson and philanthropist)
- Circle Petroleum Drilling Company
- Anschutz Foundation
Sample of the Sub-subject: Philip Anschutz Businessperson and Philanthropist Presbyterian:
Sub-Subject Description: The US businessperson Philip Anschutz (Presbyterian):
- The businessperson, philanthropist, and billionaire Philip Anschutz (1939) is a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (Protestantism) and is considered a
- He has been an active sponsor of some religious and conservative causes.
- Philip Anschutz is the 38th richest person in the
United States (10,000 million dollars in 2013).
- Anschutz bought his father's petroleum drilling company “Circle A Drilling”
in 1961, and earned large profits, which the shares invested in property (real estate)
- Later he began to invest in entertainment companies, Anschutz co-founded the Major League Soccer and bought shares of several teams (Los Angeles Galaxy, Chicago Fire)
- Anschutz owns stakes of the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Kings.
- Anschutz also invests in family films such
as “The Chronicles of Narnia.”
- In early 1980, the Anschutz Ranch, with its one billion barrels of petroleum
barrels, became the largest petroleum discovery in the United States.
- He sold half of its stake to Mobil petroleum for 500 million dollars in 1982.
- The Anschutz Foundation, founded in 1964, offers a wide variety of community
services, cultural, and artistic, as well as health facilities.
Religion and Global Business