Africa-South Korea Partnership
EENI - Business School.
Subject (Course): South Korea-Africa Economic Cooperation Conference (KOAFEC). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the South Korea-Africa Economic Cooperation Conference (KOAFEC)
- The organisation of the KOAFEC
- The main areas of cooperation between Africa and South Korea
- 2012 KOAFEC Ministerial Conference Joint Declaration
- Joint Declaration of the Korea-Africa Economic Cooperation
The objectives of the subject “The Conference on Economic Cooperation
South Korea-Africa” are:
- To understand the goals of the Africa - South Korea Partnership
- To know the areas of cooperation between South Korea and Africa
- To analyse international trade between Africa and South Korea
Sample of the subject - South Korea-Africa Economic Cooperation Conference (KOAFEC):
Subject Description: South Korea and Africa.
The Africa-South Korea Partnership (South Korea-Africa Economic Cooperation Conference) it is a mechanism and framework to improve the relationships and economic cooperation between the African countries and South Korea in the 21st century
Main areas of cooperation between Africa and South Korea are:
- Information and Communications Technology
- Natural resources
The long-term partnership between South Korea and Africa was launched in 2006, with the support of the African
Development Bank and the Export-Import Bank of Korea (EXIMBANK).
The Action Plan of the Korea-Africa Economic Cooperation Conference (KOAFEC)
is managed by a Consultative Group formed by Directors of the African Development Bank, the Government of South Korea and Export-Import Bank of Korea.
The Republic of Korea is a member of the African Development Bank and the African
Development Fund (co-financing arrangements, technical cooperation, and the provision of funds.)
- First Ministerial Conference KOAFEC (Economic Cooperation Conference Korea South
Africa): 2006 (Seoul).
- 2007 - Technical Cooperation Agreement (donation of 5 million dollars)
- 2010: Several Co-financing projects.
- 2012: Ministerial Meeting of the Ministerial Conference on Economic Cooperation between Korea and Africa (KOAFEC). “Inclusive and green growth.”
- Partners: the African Development Bank, the Ministry of Economy and Finance of Korea and the Export-Import Bank of Korea.
The Africa - South Korea
Partnership belongs to the African
Civilisation and the Buddhist Civilisation.