EENI - Business School.
Subject (Course): The Africa-BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) Cooperation. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Africa BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) Cooperation
- Foreign trade Africa-BRICS.
- Opportunities and challenges of the Africa-BRICS cooperation
- Foreign Direct Investment Africa-BRICS
- Aid and Development Assistance
- Major trends in the Africa-BRICS Cooperation
- Implications for growth, employment, and structural transformation
The objectives of the subject “The Africa-BRICS cooperation” are:
- To understand the aims and functions of the Africa-BRICS
- To analyse foreign trade and investment flows between Africa
and the BRICS Countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa)
- To assess trends in the cooperation Africa-BRICS
Sample of the subject - Africa-BRICS partnership:
Africa-BRICS Cooperation (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa):
Given the importance of the increasing the role of the BRICS Countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) in the global economy (40% of the world’s population, the economies of China and India surpasses the US economy, 20% of global FDI flows), the Africa-BRICS Cooperation is every day more
remarkable, with strong implications for the African structural transformation (economic growth, employment, governance, aid…)
The Africa-BRICS partnership is the fundamental pillar of the South-South cooperation.
Foreign Trade Africa-BRICS:
- 2007: 340 billion dollars
- 2015: 500 billion dollars (estimations).
- Top trade products: primary commodities
- Top sectors: mining, agriculture, manufacture
- China is the top export market of Africa (50% of the total African exports).
- Top African export products to China: Fuels and natural resources.
- India represents the 25% of the total exports of African products, Brazil (13%), South Africa (11%) and Russia (1%)
- Top exports products from BRICS Countries to Africa: manufactured goods (mainly China) and food products (mainly Brazil)
- China is the first investor (FDI) in Africa
In 2013, Patrice Motsepe was the Chairperson of the BRICS Business Council.
Bilateral relations Asia-Africa:
- Forum on China-Africa cooperation
- Africa-India Framework for Cooperation
The Africa-BRICS Cooperation belongs to the African Civilisation, Orthodox Civilisation, Hindu Civilisation and Western Civilisation (Latin American).