Sub-subject: Free Trade Area between China and the ASEAN. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations-China Free Trade Area (ACFTA)
- International Trade ASEAN countries-China.
- Origin of Goods.
- China-ASEAN Centre
- Institutional Cooperation
- The ASEAN Plus Three Cooperation
Sample of the Sub-subject: ASEAN (Southeast Asia) China:
Sub-Subject Description: ASEAN-China Free Trade Area:
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)-China Free Trade Area is the third biggest Free Trade Area in the World.
The ASEAN-China Free Trade Area includes a market of 1.9 billion people with a combined gross domestic product of 6 trillion dollars and a total trade volume of 4.3 trillion dollars.
- 1.9 billion population, 30% people in the World
- Total trade 1.2 trillion dollars
- Foreign trade volume increases by 38.9% every year. Foreign trade volume: 105.9 billion dollars
- Import and export will be estimated to increase by 50%.
- Five ASEAN countries are top twenty trade partners of the People's Republic of China.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the People's Republic of China had agreed to cooperate on agriculture, information and communication technology (IT), human
development, development of the Mekong Basin, foreign direct investment, foreign trade, energy, international transport, culture, public health, tourism, and environment.
External trade and economic links between the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and the People's Republic of China has been growing
fast over the past years, especially after the signing of the Framework Agreement on Exhaustive Economic Cooperation
in November 2002 to establish the ASEAN-China Free Trade Area.
ASEAN-China Free Trade Area was completed in 2010 as near 97% of export products classified by
ASEAN-6 (Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand) and China in the Normal Track have been eliminated.
Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam will
completely implement the ASEAN-China Free Trade Area on 1 January 2015.
ASEAN's Free Trade Agreements
China's Free Trade Agreements (FTA).