Port of Dakar (Senegal)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: The Autonomous Port of Dakar. Access to Mali.
- The Autonomous Port of Dakar (Senegal)
- The main features of the Port of Dakar
- Areas of the Port of Dakar
- Access to the Malian Market
Sample of the Sub-subject: Port of Dakar (Senegal):
Sub-Subject Description: Port of Dakar (Senegal).
The Autonomous Port of Dakar (Senegal).
- Excellent location: six days to Europe/seven days to America
- Deepwater (10-13 meters)
- Top exports: oil, bulk, dry, and refrigerated containers
- Dakar Port Authority
- Modernization of the Container Terminal: Dubai Port World.
- Logistics Platform Port of Dakar
- Access to the Malian market (Senegalese Warehouses in Mali)
- Railway Dakar-Bamako
Southern Zone of the Port of Dakar:
- Three Piers
- General Cargo
- Container traffic
- Three Ro-Ro terminals
- 12 general terminals.
Northern Zone of the Port of Dakar
- Four piers
- Solid and liquid bulk
- 20 berths
- Container Terminal
- The annual traffic: 300 000 TEUs
- Fruit Terminal (project)
- Program of the « Port of the Future »
The main cities near the Port of Dakar:
- Senegal: Dakar, Thiès, Kaolak, Ziguinchor, Kolda, Kédouogu, Tambacounda, Touba, Saint-Louis,
- Mali: Kayes, Sandare, and Bamako
- The Gambia: Banjul
Bissau and Farin
- Mauritania: Nouakchott
Trans-African Highways (Transport corridors):
- Corridor Cairo-Dakar
- Trans-Sahelian Highway (Dakar-N’Djamena Corridor)
- Dakar-Lagos corridor
Maritime Transport in Africa West African ports