Mohammed Dewji (Businessperson, Tanzania)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Mohammed Dewji (Tanzanian Businessperson. Muslim). Syllabus:
- Mohammed Dewji: Tanzanian Muslim Businessperson
- The Tanzanian Conglomerate METL Group
- The Metl Foundation
|Sub-subject “Mohammed Dewji (Entrepreneur, Tanzania, Muslim)” is studied…|
- Doctorates (DIB): DIB Islamic Countries, DIB in Africa, and DIB Ethics, Religion, and Business
- Masters: International Business (MIB), Muslims Countries,
- Courses: Business in East Africa, African Economy
Recommendations for Tanzanian students
Learning materials in or Mohammed Dewji
Mohammed Dewji Mohammed Dewji
Sample of the Sub-subject: Mohammed Dewji (businessperson, Tanzania)
Sub-Subject Description: Mohammed Dewji (Tanzanian Businessperson):
- The Tanzanian businessperson Mohammed Dewji “Mo” was born in 1975 in Singida (Tanzania - East Africa).
- Mohammed Dewji studied his secondary education in
Dar Es Salaam, the high school in New Jersey, and International Finance and Business at Georgetown
University (USA). In the US he worked for JP Morgan
- In 1998, Mohammed Dewji returned to Tanzania to join
the familiar business group: the METL Group (Mohammed Enterprises Tanzanian Limited), with activities in agriculture, finance, distribution, real estate, mobile telephony, or manufacturing.
- Today, Mohammed Dewji is the CEO of the METL Group.
- METL Group represents 2% of the Tanzanian GDP (5 billion dollars) and more than 24,000 employees.
- Mohammed Dewji is Muslim
- Dewji is the second richest in Tanzania (estimated net worth of 560 million dollars) and the first Tanzanian to appear at Forbes Magazine.
- Mohammed Dewji also participates in politics. In
2005, he was elected to Member of Tanzanian
- RSC. The MeTL group has created the MeTL Foundation, spending more than 2 million dollars in education, water supply, and health
The African Businessperson Mohammed Dewji belongs to the East African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.
Ethics and business - Islam in Africa