Doing Business in Beijing China. Chinese Silicon Valley
Beijing: The Chinese "Silicon Valley".
- Beijing is the political,
of the People's Republic of China.
- The population of Beijing is 15 million people. The majority of the residents
in Beijing are of the Han ethnic group.
- Beijing is home to hundreds of thousands" of Chinese, foreign and Sino-foreign companies.
Foreign companies alone have employed 20,000 locals (most are young
professionals with high revenues. Many top 500 companies of the world (Intel, Microsoft, Motorola, Sun, Hitachi),
all occupied in high-tech industries, are situated mainly in
- In 2010, the
Gross domestic product (GDP) of Beijing was double
that of 2000.
- Main economic districts and counties of Beijing: Dongcheng, Haidian, Fengtai, Tongzhou, Chaoyang, Chongwen, Shijingshan, Yanqing, Xicheng, Xuanwu, Shunyi
- High tech and modern manufacturing companies have become the leading forces of
the industrial growth of Beijing
- Haidian hosts the Haidian Science Park, known as
the Silicon Valley of the People's Republic of China (PRC).
Fengtai District is as a major resource for high-tech industry.
Example of the course doing business in Beijing:
China - Chinese economy - China: Marine transport and ports - Customs of China - FDI in China - Shanghai - Greater Pearl River Delta (GPRD) - Guangzhou - Shenzhen - Hong Kong