Ports of Gabon (Libreville, Gentil)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Ports of the Gabonese Republic (Port Gentil, Mayumba, and Libreville)
- Introduction to the ports of the Gabonese Republic
- Port Gentil
- Port of Libreville
- Port of Mayumba
- Intermodal port operations in Gabon
Sample of the Sub-subject: Ports of Mayumba, Libreville and Gentil (Gabonese Republic):
Sub-Subject Description: Ports of Gabon.
The largest ports of Gabon are the Ports of Mayumba, Libreville, and Gentil (Gabon).
OPRAG (Office des Ports et Rades du Gabon).
- The main body of the Gabonese Government.
- Port Authority
Port of Libreville:
- Owendo Terminal
- Cargo traffic: 115,000 TEU (twenty-foot equivalent unit)
- Bolloré Africa Logistics wins the concession for the Container Terminal at the port of Libreville
- Shipbuilding industry
- Deep water port
- No route links to the rest of Gabon.
- A new rail link is connecting Port Gentil with the interior of Gabon (650 kilometres).
- Iron ore and Petroleum industry.
- Production of butane
- Port Gentil is located on the Island of Mandji (delta of the Ogooué River)
- Special Economic Zone - Free Zone Mandji
- Bulk terminal
Port of Mayumba:
- High Port Authority of Mayumba
- The Port of Mayumba is located at the Southwest of Gabon
- Deep water
- The main exports: wood
Case Study: intermodal port operations in Gabon.
Ports of Gabon belongs to the Central African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.
Regional Economic Communities related to Gabon:
- Economic and Monetary Community of Central Africa (CEMAC)
- Economic Community of Central African States (CEEAC)
Maritime Transport in Africa - Central African ports