The Islamic Economic Area (Professional Doctorate in Business in the Muslim Countries)
The Islamic Economic Area (Professional
Doctorate in International Business specialisation Muslim Countries)
- The degree of economic interconnection between the countries of the Islamic Economic Space is slight, except for the Muslim
countries that belong to an integration block as the Gulf Cooperation Council
- The main institution is the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
- Trade Preferential System among the OIC Member States
- All Arab Countries belong to the Arab League.
- In general, economic relations with of the Muslim countries with other civilisations are poorly developed.
- Islamic Banking and finance (according to
the Shariah) are becoming increasingly important in the Islamic Countries.
The Islamic economic area represents a population of about 1,600
million Muslims (23% of humanity, 200 million in 1900)
- Between 75 and 90% of Muslims are Sunni,
and the rest are Shi'a.
- Asia (Central Asia, Southeast Asia) represents 62% of the world's Muslim population and 25% of the Asian population (1,100
- In ASEAN, Islam represents 42% of the population (241
- All the countries of Central Asia have Muslim majorities.
- Iran is a “Shiite Muslim country”
- The four nations with the largest Muslim populations are Indonesia, Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh
- In India; they are living near 172 million Muslims
- The Middle East: only 15% of the world's Muslim population is Arab
- Saudi Arabia is the leading regional economy and one of the “spiritual leaders” of Sunni Islam. Headquarters of the Islamic Development Bank and the OIC are in Jiddah.
- Africa. Approximately, 422 million Africans (40% of the African population) are Muslims (Sunni majority)
- African countries with a Muslim population of over 90%: Algeria, Gambia, Guinea, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Western Sahara, Senegal, Somalia, Tunisia, Djibouti.
- African countries with a Muslim population between 50% and 90%:
Burkina Faso, Chad, Egypt, Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, Sierra Leone, Sudan
- Nigeria, Africa's biggest economy, has about 50% of Muslim population.
- About 300 million Muslims live in countries where Islam is not the largest religion: China, India, and Russia.
This doctorate only includes India (third Muslim population in the world).
- Europe. Islam is the second religion in Europe; about 44 million Muslims live in Europe (6% of the European people).
- European countries OIC members: Albania and Turkey.
- America. Guyana belongs to the OCI
Some 290 million people speak Arabic, the language of reference of the Ummah (Islamic Community), Arabic is the fifth language in the world.
- Arabic is an official language in Arabia, Algeria, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt,
the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Syria, Sudan, Yemen, and Tunisia.
- Arabic is also co-official in Chad, the Comoros, the Western Sahara, Somalia, and Djibouti.
- Thesis of the Doctorate in Business in the Muslim Countries
- Samples of the Professional Doctorate in Business in the Muslim Countries