Sub-subject: Foreign trade and business in Bahia Salvador (Brazil). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the State of Bahia (Brazil).
- Baiano economy.
- Foreign Trade of Bahia.
- Business Opportunities in Bahía:
- Information Technology
- Business in Salvador of Bahía.
- Case Study: Odebrecht.
Sub-Subject Description: International Trade and Business in Bahia Salvador:
Bahia is the sixth Brazilian state in potential consumer and the largest economy in the Northeast of Brazil, responsible for 33% of the gross domestic product in South America and more than 50% of exports.
If Bahia were a country of Latin America would be the eighth largest economy in the continent.
- Industry: 33% of GDP and 80% of exports
- Bahia recorded a trade balance of $ 3.2 billion, the best result in the history of Baiano foreign trade.
- Argentina and China were the two largest destinations for Baiano
- “Coureiro-calçadista” complex is one of the largest of the Brazilian Economy, reaching a production of 894 million pairs of shoes with a turnover of $ 12.3 billion, placing Brazil as the third largest producer of footwear in the World.
- World Cup 2014 has been an excellent opportunity for investment and achieving good business in Bahia.
- Bahia is the second-largest tourist centre in Brazil. The Carnival (the largest outdoor festival in the world).
- Bahia has the largest brewery in the world (Anterbrew Ambev
The Automotive sector is one of the most interesting in Bahia. The consumer market in the Northeast is booming at a rate eight inhabitants/car.
- A fourth-largest segment of Baiano industry
- Sixth largest exporter state of cars, parts, and components
- Seventh largest importer of cars, parts, and components
- Growth of 15% in sales of cars, motorcycles, parts, and pieces
- Fifth largest Brazilian producer (207,000 vehicles)
Bahia has three ports - Salvador, Aratu, and Ilheus -. The State also promotes the implementation of customs dry ports in towns like Barreras, Juazeiro, Itabuna, Feria de Santana and Victoria de la
- Capital: Salvador, third largest metropolis in Brazil and declared Historical Heritage
- Area: 564,692.67 square kilometres (6.64% of the Brazilian surface), 68.7% is a semiarid region, while the coast is 1,183 kilometres, the longest coastline of all
- Bahia bounded on the north by the states of Alagoas, Sergipe, Pernambuco, Piauí; on the south with Minas Gerais
and Espiritu Santo
and the west with Goias and Tocantins.
- Population: 2,948,733 inhabitants
- Population density: 9,000 inhabitants per square kilometres
- Forecast: 3,060,540 people in 2,020
- Metropolitan Region: Camaçari, Candeias, Dias D'Avila, Itaparica, Lauro de Freitas, Mother of God, Son Francisco del Conde, Simões Son and beheld Cruz.
Founded in 1944, the Organisation Odebrecht works in the fields of engineering, construction, chemical and petrochemical and has holdings in sectors of infrastructure and public services. There are 36,000 members in countries in South America, North America, Africa, and Europe. The unit ethical and cultural efficiency that is ensured by the practice of Business Technology Odebrecht, a set of principles, concepts, and criteria
developed since 1944, year of the foundation of Construtora Norberto Odebrecht, a company that gave rise to the Organisation. In 1980, Odebrecht started his international efficiency, with the construction of the Hydro-Charcani V, in Peru, and the system of hydro-power Colbún - Machicura
in Chile. Over the decade of 80, expanded the international role that
African and European countries and other nations in South America.