Sub-subject: The ASEAN-Japan Exhaustive Economic Partnership. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the ASEAN-Japan Exhaustive Economic Partnership.
- Foreign Trade between the ASEAN countries and Japan.
Sample of the Sub-subject: The ASEAN-Japan Economic Partnership:
Sub-Subject Description: The ASEAN-Japan Exhaustive Economic Partnership.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Japan signed the ASEAN-Japan
Trade Exhaustive Economic Partnership in 2008.
The ASEAN-Japan Exhaustive Economic Partnership Agreement is exhaustive in amplitude, covering:
- International Trade in products and services
- Foreign Direct Investment (FD)
- Economic cooperation
Foreign Trade Japan-ASEAN.
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations and Japan are important trade partners.
- The total bilateral trade between
ASEAN members states (Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and Japan grew by 22% from USD 173 billion
to USD 214 billion
- Owing to the global economic and financial crisis, total foreign trade between the ASEAN and Japan went down from USD 214 billion in 2008 to USD 160
billion (decline of 25%).
- However, Japan
stayed an important trade partner for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations with a share of 10% of the total ASEAN
ASEAN's Free Trade Agreements (FTA)