EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Trans-Regional ASEAN-European
Union Trade Initiatives. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Trans-Regional ASEAN-European Union Trade Initiatives
- Association Agreement European Union-ASEAN
- Foreign Trade between the ASEAN and the European Union countries.
- The Future ASEAN-EU free trade agreement
Sample of the sub-subject: Trans-Regional ASEAN-European
Sub-Subject Description: Trans-Regional ASEAN-European Union:
To promote international trade and foreign direct investment flows between the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the European Union (EU), both economic blocks signed the Trans-Regional ASEAN-European Union Trade Initiatives.
This initiative is a policy
dialogue mechanism and process in economic and foreign trade-related topics.
Foreign Trade ASEAN-European Union.
ASEAN's Free Trade Agreements
- The total ASEAN external trade with the European Union countries decreased to 171 billion dollars (a fall of 16% from 2008) owing to the global financial crisis.
- The European Union is the top export destination of the ASEAN economies (11% of the total exports of the ASEAN).
- The European Union is the second trade partner after the People's Republic of China owing to higher ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam) imports from
- The Association of South-East Asian Nations received 7 billion dollars of foreign direct investment from the European Union (18% of the total foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows into the ASEAN).