Sub-subject: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Chile and Australia. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Australia-Chile Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- Rules of Origin.
- Regional Value Content.
- Benefits of the Agreement for Australian exporters.
- Foreign Trade between Australia and Chile.
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Australia-Chile
Sample of the sub-subject:
Chile-Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
Sub-Subject Description: Chile-Australia Free Trade Agreement
The Chile-Australia Free Trade Agreement entered into force in 2009.
- The Chile-Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA) covers international trade in products, services, and foreign direct investment
- The FTA Australia-Chile eliminates instantly tariffs on 92% of tariff lines covering 97% of export products of Chile.
- Tariffs on all existing products will be eliminated by 2015.
Summary of the Australia-Chile Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- National Treatment and Market access for products
- Rules of Origin and Certificate of Origin
- Customs Administration
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures
- Technical Regulations, Standards, and Conformity Assessment Procedures
- Trade Remedies
- Cross-Border Trade in Services
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Financial Services
- Temporary Entry for businessperson
- Competition Policy
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Institutional agreements
- Dispute Settlement
Foreign Trade between Australia and Chile.
- Chile is the third largest trade partner of Australia in Latin America, with bilateral trade of USD 1,275 billion.
- The total
trade of product reached USD 883 million.
Australian exports to Chile include coal (USD 136 million), beef, civil engineering equipment, specialised machinery, and parts.
- Imports of Australia from Chile: USD 552 million.
- The main import products are copper (USD 295 million), lead ores and concentrates, pulp and waste paper, and wood.
- Foreign trade in services: USD 413 million, of which
Australian exports of services to Chile were USD 170 million.
- Australia is the fourth biggest foreign investor in Chile, with
USD 3 billion of foreign direct investment (FDI).
- Australia's Foreign direct investment in Chile: 2,136
Chile-Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA) is an intra-civilisational
agreement between the Latin American and Oceania areas of the Western Christian Civilisation.
Chile's Free Trade Agreements (FTA).