Africa the second-largest continent
EENI - Business School.
Africa is the second biggest
continent in the World
- Africa 11,688,545 Square Miles
- China 3,681,089
- Europe 3,979,405
- USA 3,678,235
- TOTAL 11,338,729
The African continent is more than
three times the United States in size.
- Saudi Arabia 831,000 sq.
- India 1,269,000 sq. miles 2.
- Brazil 3,286,000 sq. miles 3.
- Argentina 1,073,000 sq. miles 4.
- Canada 3,848,000 sq. miles 5.
- France 210,000 sq. miles 6.
- Mexico 756,000 sq. miles.
- Australia 2,965,000 sq. miles 8.
- Russia 6,591,000 sq. miles 9.
- USA 3,787,000 sq. miles 10.
Peter´s Map versus Mercator Map
Distorsions in the Mercator World Map
- The north: 18,9 mill.sq.miles
- The South: 38,6 mill.sq.miles
- Europe: 3,8 mill.sq.miles
- South America: 6,9 mill.sq.miles
- North America: 7.4 mill.sq.miles
- Africa: 11,6 mill.sq.miles.
- 15% of it is considered desert (hot with small rain)
- 10 % of it is considered tropical rainforest (tropical wet)
- 35% of it is considered savanna/ grasslands (steppe)
- The rest of Africa includes Mediterranean climate, mountain climate, tropical
wet and dry, rainy and mild, and wet and mild.