- Improve their reading comprehension and develop reading comprehension
- Build pronunciation and intonation skills
- Understand the information related to international business (letters, webs, email, news, ...)
- Improve the writing capabilities of Portuguese
For this course the students will need to have a basic knowledge of the Portuguese (Pt) language (which includes basic vocabulary and grammar)
Portuguese: Spoken by 210 million people, the 7th most widely spoken language, official in eight countries
Why study Portuguese?
- Spoken by 210 million people, Portuguese is the 7th most
widely spoken language in the world.
- Portuguese is the official language of eight countries:
Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau,
Mozambique, Portugal, Sao Tome and Principe and Timor-Leste, and an
unofficial language in numerous linguistic islands in China (Macao) and
- There are 1.3 million native speakers of Portuguese living in the
- Since it is so important and so rarely studied, knowledge of Portuguese is a
very marketable skill, especially in commerce and banking.
- The richness of literature in Portuguese is astonishing: from The Lusiads - the great epic poem of the European Renaissance, to the modern Brazilian novel - the best-kept secret in the Western Hemisphere.
- Brazil is the 8th biggest economy in the world and features the Amazon jungle,
enormous urban cities such as Rio do Janeiro and
Sao Paulo, and
6,000 miles of beaches.
Reading and comprehension of Portuguese literature texts and articles.
- Cases of conversations I: International business: 100 bilingual
conversations in Portuguese and English.
- Cases of conversations II (with audios): International marketing. 170
bilingual conversations in Portuguese and English.
At the end of the course, students will be able to translate texts with the help of the dictionary.
Languages - French - Spanish