Portuguese for international business
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Portuguese for international business (210
millions of people) Syllabus:
- Introduction to Portuguese grammar
- Cases: Conversation for international business English - Portuguese
- Cases of international marketing English - Portuguese (with audio)
- Improve their reading comprehension and develop reading comprehension
- Build pronunciation and intonation skills
- Understand the information related to the international business (letters, webs, email, news...)
- Improve the writing capabilities of Portuguese.
Sub-Subject Description (Portuguese for international business):
For this course the students will need to have a basic knowledge of Portuguese (Pt) language (which includes basic vocabulary and grammar).
Portuguese: Spoken by 210 millions of people, the seventh most widely spoken language, official in eight countries.
Why study Portuguese?
- Spoken by 210 millions of people, Portuguese is the seventh most
widely spoken language in the World.
- Portuguese is the official language of eight countries: Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Portugal, Sao Tome and Principe and Timor-Leste, and an
unofficial language in numerous linguistic islands in China (Macau) and India.
- There are 1.3 million native speakers of Portuguese living in the United States.
- Since it is so important and so rarely studied, knowledge of Portuguese is a
very marketable skill, especially in commerce and banking.
- The richness of literature in Portuguese is astonishing: from The Lusiads - the great epic poem of the European Renaissance, to the modern Brazilian novel - the best-kept secret in the Western Hemisphere.
- Brazil is the eighth biggest economy in the World and features the Amazon jungle, enormous urban cities such as Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, and
6,000 miles of beaches.
Reading and comprehension of Portuguese literature texts and articles.
- Cases of conversations I: International Business: 100 bilingual
conversations in Portuguese and English.
- Cases of conversations II (with audios): International Marketing. 170
bilingual conversations in Portuguese and English.
English - Portuguese
At the end of the course, students will be able to translate texts with the help of the dictionary.
Audio English - Portuguese
Languages - French - Spanish