Sub-subject: The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the United States and Panama. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the United States-Panama Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- Benefits of the US-Panama Trade Promotion Agreement.
- International Trade United States-Panama
Sample of the sub-subject: the United States-Panama Free Trade Agreement (FTA):
Sub-Subject Description: the United States-Panama Free Trade Agreement (FTA):
The United States-Panama FTA is a free trade agreement that can
result in the substantial liberalisation of international trade in products and services, including
- 87% of the United States exports of consumer and industrial products to the Republic of Panama will become duty free instantly (with remaining tariffs eliminated over ten years).
- In 2011, a Tax Information Exchange Agreement went into
effect between the United States and the Republic of Panama.
- The United States industrial export products face an average tariff of 7% in the Republic of Panama (some tariffs as high as 81%). The United States export agricultural products face an
average tariff of 15% (some tariffs as high as 260%).
- The United States-Panama Free Trade Agreement (FTA) guarantees access to 20.6 billion dollars
services market of Panama: the financial sector, telecommunications, computer, international distribution, express delivery, energy, environmental, and professional
- The strategic location of the Republic of Panama as a major
shipping route also enhances the importance of the United States-Panama Free Trade Agreement (FTA). 66% of the annual transits of the Panama Canal are bound to or from
the United States sea ports.
The United States-Panama Free Trade Agreement (FTA) includes important disciplines relating to:
- Customs administration
- International Trade facilitation
- Technical barriers to international trade
- Government Procurement
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Intellectual Property
- Labour and environmental protection.
Panama belongs to the Latin American Economic Area and the United States belongs to the North American
area of the Christian Civilisation.
Panama Free Trade Agreements (FTA).