Learning unit: United States economy. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the United States of America.
- United States economy.
- United States market overview. Main sectors.
- United States Exports of goods and services.
- Case study: Top 20 Metropolitan Area exporters.
- Foreign direct investment.
- Case study: Asian-Pacific Foreign direct investment in the United States.
Learning unit summary (United States economy):
The United States: the biggest and most technologically powerful
economy in the world.
The United States is
- biggest recipient of Foreign direct investment
of the world.
- 3th biggest agricultural economy of the world,
- leader in private pension fund (40% of the global fund management
- biggest market in the world for computer hardware products.
- 2th biggest market for cement of the world (is
also) the biggest importer of cement.
- Construction sector is the biggest of the world.
- biggest manufacturer and consumer of instrumentation
- 10% of United States Gross domestic product is related to transportation
- Software market is the biggest in the world
- Leads the world in installed
wind generation capacity.
The United States keeps the oldest and most dominant position worldwide in
The United States domestic market for machine tools is the 3th biggest in
exports of products and services
augmented by 3.2% in March 2010 to 148 billion dollar since February 2010, while
imports augmented 3.1% to 188.3 billion dollar over the same period.
Sample of the learning unit (United States economy):
Master in International business for US Students
New York - Miami - California
Learning materials USA