United States economy
EENI - Business School
Learning unit: the United States economy. exports of products and
The United States: the biggest and most technologically powerful
economy in the World.
- Introduction to the United States of America.
- United States economy.
- United States market overview.
- Main sectors of the economy
- US Foreign Trade
- United States exports of goods and services.
- Case study: Top 20 Metropolitan Area exporters.
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) in the US
- Case study: Asian-Pacific Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the United States.
- US Businessman: Philip Anschutz, Thomas Monaghan, Howard Ahmanson, Ray L. Hunt,, Bill Gates, S. Truett Cathy, Steve Strang, Warren Buffett...
Sample of the learning unit (United States economy):
Learning unit summary (United States economy):
The United States of America
- The US population is 319 million people (the third world)
- Area: 9,371,174 sq km (the fourth largest country in the World)
- Borders: Canada and Mexico
- Currency: Dollar (USD)
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- The United States won independence from the UK in 1776
- The world's largest economy. GDP: 15.7 billion (the largest in
- GDP Per capita: $ 49,922
- The United States belongs to the North American economic area of the Western Christian civilization
The Abolition of slavery (1863) and
the African Diaspora (42
millions / 13,6% of the population) in the United
- Harriet Tubman
- Frederick Douglass
- Mimi Alemayehou
Main religions in the US
- Christianity (247
million): Catholicism (75 million) and Protestants (165 million). Quakers, Calvinists, Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, Pentecostals, Mormons
- Spiritual leaders: Henry David Thoreau and Martin Luther King
US economy. The United States is...
- The biggest recipient of Foreign direct investment (FDI)
of the World.
- The third biggest agricultural economy of the World,
- The leader in private pension fund (40% of the global fund management
- The biggest market in the World for computer hardware products.
- The second biggest market for cement of the World (is
also) the biggest importer of cement.
- Construction sector is the biggest of the World.
- The biggest manufacturer and consumer of instrumentation
- 10% of United States gross domestic product is related to transportation
- The Software market is the biggest in the World
- The US Leads the world in installed wind generation capacity.
- The United States keeps the oldest and most dominant position worldwide in
- The United States domestic market for machine tools is the third biggest in
- The United States exports of products and services
augmented by 3.2% in March 2010 to 148 billion dollar since February 2010, while
imports augmented 3.1% to 188.3 billion dollar over the same period.
New York - Miami - California