Sub-subject: the United States Economy. Exports of products and services. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the United States of America.
- The United States Economy.
- The United States market overview.
- The main sectors of the economy
- The US foreign trade
- The United States exports of goods and services.
- Case Study: Top 20 Metropolitan Exporters Areas.
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the US
- Case Study: Asian-Pacific foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United States.
- The US Businessperson: Philip Anschutz, Thomas Monaghan, Howard Ahmanson, Ray L. Hunt, Bill Gates, S. Truett Cathy, Steve Strang, and Warren Buffett
Sample of the sub-subject (the United States Economy):
Sub-Subject Description (the United States Economy):
The United States of America: the biggest and most technologically powerful
economy in the World.
- The US population: 319 million people (the third world)
- Area: 9,371,174 square kilometres (the fourth-largest country in the World)
- Borders: Canada and Mexico
- Currency: Dollar (USD)
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- The United States won independence from the UK in 1776
- The World's largest economy. GDP: 15.7 billion (the largest in the world)
- GDP Per Capita: $ 49,922
- The United States belongs to the North American Economic Area of the Western Christian Civilisation
Abolition of slavery (1863) and the African Diaspora (42
millions/13,6% of the population) in the United States.
- Harriet Tubman
- Frederick Douglass
- Mimi Alemayehou
The main religions in the US
- Christianity (247
million): Catholicism (75 million) and Protestants (165 million). Quakers, Calvinists, Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, Pentecostals, Mormons
- Spiritual leaders: Henry David Thoreau and Martin Luther King
The US economy. The United States is.
- The biggest recipient of foreign direct investment (FDI)
in the World.
- The third largest agricultural economy in the World
- Leader in private pension fund (40% of the global fund management industry)
- The biggest market in the World for computer hardware products.
- The second largest market for cement in the World (is also) and the largest importer of cement.
- The construction sector is the biggest in the World.
- The biggest manufacturer and consumer of instrumentation
- 10% of the United States gross domestic product is related to transport
and logistics activity.
- The software market is the biggest in the World
- The US Leads the world in installed wind generation capacity.
- The United States keeps the oldest and most dominant position worldwide in
- The United States domestic market for machine tools is the third biggest in the world
- The United States exports of products and services augmented by 3.2%
on March 2010 to 148 billion dollars since February 2010, while imports augmented 3.1% to 188.3 billion dollars over the same period.
The United States has Free Trade Agreements in force with
twenty-one countries: Australia, Bahrain, Canada Mexico (NAFTA), Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Jordan, Korea, Morocco, Nicaragua, Oman, Panama, Peru, and Singapore.
In 2012, the former President Obama signed International Trade Agreements with Korea, Colombia, and Panama
The United States is also in negotiations the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement.
New York - Miami - California