EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: the United States Economy. Exports of products and services. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the United States of America.
- The United States Economy.
- The United States market overview.
- The main sectors of the economy
- The US foreign trade
- The United States exports of goods and services.
- Case Study: Top 20 Metropolitan Exporters Areas.
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the US
- Case Study: Asian-Pacific foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United States.
- The US Businessperson: Philip Anschutz, Thomas Monaghan, Howard Ahmanson, Ray L. Hunt, Bill Gates, S. Truett Cathy, Steve Strang,
and Warren Buffett
Sample of the sub-subject (the United States Economy):
Sub-Subject Description (the United States Economy):
The United States of America: the biggest and most technologically powerful
economy in the World.
- The US population: 319 million people (the third world)
- Area: 9,371,174 sq km (the fourth-largest country in the World)
- Borders: Canada and Mexico
- Currency: Dollar (USD)
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- The United States won independence from the UK in 1776
- The World's largest economy. GDP: 15.7 billion (the largest in the world)
- GDP Per Capita: $ 49,922
- The United States belongs to the North American Economic Area of the Western Christian Civilization
Abolition of slavery (1863) and the African Diaspora (42
millions/13,6% of the population) in the United
- Harriet Tubman
- Frederick Douglass
- Mimi Alemayehou
The main religions in the US
- Christianity (247
million): Catholicism (75 million) and Protestants (165 million). Quakers, Calvinists, Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, Pentecostals, Mormons
- Spiritual leaders: Henry David Thoreau and Martin Luther King
The US economy. The United States is.
- The biggest recipient of foreign direct investment (FDI)
in the World.
- The third largest agricultural economy in the World
- Leader in private pension fund (40% of the global fund management
- The biggest market in the World for computer hardware products.
- The second largest market for cement in the World (is
also) and the largest importer of cement.
- The construction sector is the biggest in the World.
- The biggest manufacturer and consumer of instrumentation
- 10% of the United States gross domestic product is related to transportation
and logistics activity.
- The software market is the biggest in the World
- The US Leads the world in installed wind generation capacity.
- The United States keeps the oldest and most dominant position worldwide in
- The United States domestic market for machine tools is the third biggest in the world
- The United States exports of products and services augmented by 3.2%
on March 2010 to 148 billion dollars since February 2010, while
imports augmented 3.1% to 188.3 billion dollars over the same period.
New York - Miami - California