Singapore-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: New Zealand-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (AANZFTA). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the New Zealand-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- Closer Economic Partnership between New Zealand and Singapore
- Foreign Trade in Goods, Services, and Investment between New Zealand
- Benefits to Exporters.
- Rules of Origin.
Sample of the sub-subject: New Zealand-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
Sub-Subject Description - Singapore-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
The Singapore-New Zealand FTA entry into force in 2001.
The objectives of the New Zealand-Singapore Free Trade Agreement are
- To strength bilateral relationship and trade between New Zealand
and Singapore through the establishment of a
closer economic partnership
- To liberalize foreign trade in products and services
and improve Foreign direct investment (FDI)
- To support the liberalization process in the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation and support the World Trade Organization
- To improve the efficiency and competitiveness of export products and services
sectors of New Zealand and Singapore and expand foreign trade and foreign direct investment
- Equitable treatment and protection to bilateral Foreign direct investment between New Zealand and Singapore.
The main benefits of the New Zealand-Singapore Free Trade Agreement
- The FTA will eliminate all import tariffs.
- The electrical and electronic equipment
tested in Singapore will not require a second testing if exported to New Zealand.
- New Zealand and Singapore wish to liberalize many services sectors (professional services, financial services, and environmental services)
Foreign Trade New Zealand-Singapore.
- The total trade between New Zealand and Singapore
is increasing (NZD 2.8 billion).
- Imports from Singapore
to New Zealand: NZD 1.914 billion.
- Exports of New Zealand to Singapore: NZD 690 million.
- The Republic of Singapore is a significant source of foreign direct investment (FDI)
in New Zealand.
NOTE: See also the Trans-Pacific
Strategic Economic Partnership Agreement (TPP) among Brunei Darussalam, Chile,
New Zealand, and Singapore.
Singapore-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement (FTA) is an
inter-civilizational agreement between the Sinic Civilization and Oceania (Western Christian Civilization).