Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement (SAFTA). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Australia and Singapore
- Foreign Trade in Goods, Services, and Investment.
- Rules of Origin.
Sample of the sub-subject: Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
Sub-Subject Description: Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
The Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA) entered into force in 2003.
benefits of the Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA):
- Elimination of all import tariff.
- All the products exported will be able to benefit from zero-tariff treatment.
- Restrictions on banking licences.
- Fewer requisites on creation of joint ventures
- Removal of residency requisites.
- Agreement to facilitate Paperless foreign trade.
The Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA) covers
- Foreign Trade in products and services
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Tariff Reduction
- Rules and certificate of origin
Foreign trade between
Singapore and Australia.
- The Republic of Singapore is the largest trade and investment partner of Australia in the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) region
and the sixth largest trade partner of Australia.
- Australia ranked eighth among the principal product exports destinations of the Republic of Singapore and 17th among its primary
import product sources.
- Products exported from Australia to the Republic of Singapore: 4.8 billion dollars (the ninth
largest export market).
- Imports from the Republic of Singapore: 10.7 billion dollars (the fifth-biggest source).
- Services are a significant part of the foreign trade, with services exports of Australia to the Republic of Singapore valued at 2.6 billion dollars (the sixth largest export market) and imports at 3.5 billion dollars (the third biggest source).
The Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA) is an
inter-civilisation agreement between Oceania (Western Christian Civilisation)
and the Sinic Civilisation.