Subject (Course): International Trade and Business in Saudi Arabia.
Riyadh and Jeddah. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (the Middle East).
- Saudi Arabian Economy.
- International Trade of Saudi Arabia
- Business in Riyadh and Jeddah.
- Holy City of Mecca.
- Economic cities:
- King Abdullah
- Prince Abdul Aziz
- Knowledge Economic City
- The industrial cities:
- Invest in Saudi Arabia
- Case Study:
- Saudi Aramco.
- Dallah Albaraka.
- Savola Group.
- Arab funds:
- Arab Gulf Programme for United Nations Development Organisations (AGFUND)
- Saudi Fund for Development
- Access to the Saudi market
- Business Plan for Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabian Businesspeople.
- HRH Prince Alwaleed bin Talal
- Lubna Olayan
- Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Ali Al-Amoudi
- Sulaiman Al-Rajhi
- Sheikh Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber
- Dr Hayat Sindi
- Haifa Al-Mansour
Objectives of the subject “Doing Business in the Kingdom of Saudi
- To analyse the Saudi Arabian economy and foreign trade
- To evaluate business opportunities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- To explore Saudi Arabia's trade relations with the student's country
- To know Saudi Arabia's Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
- To examine the profile of Saudi Arabian Businesspeople
- To develop a business plan for the Saudi Arabian Market
EENI delivers to HRH Prince Alwaleed bin Talal a Master Honoris Causa.
Sample of the subject - Doing Business in Saudi Arabia:
Subject Description (Doing Business in Saudi Arabia).
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia was the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad
- Two holiest cities in Islam, Mecca and Madinah are in Saudi Arabia
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is one of the economic, religious, political, and financial centres of the MENA economies (the Middle East and North Africa).
- Saudi Arabia is a major player on the regional political scene.
- The capital of Saudi Arabia: Riyadh
- The official language: Arabic
- Type of Government: Absolute monarchy
- Area: 2,149,690 square kilometres
- The population of Saudi Arabia: 30 millions of people
- Saudi Arabian Currency: Saudi Riyal
- The headquarters of the Arab Gulf Programme for United Nations Development Organisations
- Abolition of slavery in Saudi Arabia: 1962
Religion in Saudi Arabia:
- Sunni Islam is the main
religion of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Major Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence)
School is Hambali
- 20% of the population is Shiite.
Saudi Arabia belongs to the Arab Economic Area of the Islamic Civilisation.
Saudi Arabian Economy.
- Saudi Arabia represents 25% of Gross National Arab
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the largest economy in the Middle East and the 24th
largest exporter in the World
- The Economy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is based on the petrol sector.
- Saudi Arabia has 25% of the proven petroleum reserve in the World.
- Saudi Arabian
Petroleum Company (Saudi Aramco) is the biggest petroleum producing company in the World.
- In the last years, the Saudi Government has taken measures to diversify
the economy, despite the global rise in energy prices, the non-petroleum sector has been a decisive sector in the economic growth of Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia is the third economy in the World for macroeconomic stability.
- The Saudi Riyal is one of the most steady currencies in the World.
- Saudi Arabia is the biggest free economic market in the Middle East.
- The Saudi market has a high purchasing
power in the region.
- Jeddah is the headquarters of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation and the Islamic Development Bank
- The Public sector plays a major function in the industrial
- Saudi Arabia has a robust gross domestic product growth
in the last years.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has preferential access to:
- Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC)
- European Union-Gulf Cooperation Council Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
- India-Arab States of the Gulf Agreement
- Australia-Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) FTA
- Trade Preferential System among the Member States of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (TPS-OIC)
Nearest African ports:
- Port of Djibouti
- Port Said. Suez Canal
- Port Sudan
- Port of Dar Es Salaam
Institutions (Saudi Arabia):
- Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA)
- Islamic Development Bank
- Arab League
- Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- Asia-Middle East Dialogue (AMED)
- Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD)
- Summit of South American-Arab Countries (ASPA)
- Saudi Arabia is a founding member of the United Nations.
- Saudi Arabia is a member of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank (WB).
❮ Samples - Business in Saudi Arabia ❯