EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject - Russia: Religion Orthodox, Russian language, State System. Syllabus:
- Introduction to Russia.
- State System of the Russian Federation.
- History and culture.
- Leo Tolstoy
- Russian Orthodox Church.
- Russian language.
- Climate and geography.
- Other: arts, architecture, mafia, and education
- Russian Autonomous Republics
Sub-Subject Description (Russian Federation):
The Russian Federation.
- Russian Population: 146 millions of people
- Area: 17,125,246 square kilometres
- The capital of Russia: Moscow (12 million Muscovites)
- Type of Government: Federal Semi-Presidential constitutional
- Russian Federation was created on December 25, 1991, after the collapse of the USSR.
- Name in Russian: Российская Федерация
- Currency: the Russian ruble
- Eleven time zones
- Russian Federation has the highest educational level in the World (40% of the Russian population
have college or university degree).
- One hundred nationalities live in Russia and thirty-two ethnic divisions
- Religion plays a significant position in the public and spiritual life of
Russia. The majority of Russians consider themselves as Christians and belongs to Russian Orthodox Church.
- The Russian is the official language of the Russian Federation, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and the Kyrgyz Republic.
- The Russian language is one of the six official
languages of the United Nations (UN), Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Eurasian Economic Community (EurAsEC), and Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- The Russian language is important second language in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan.
- Alcohol is a potential trouble in the Russian Federation; vodka is part of the lifestyles of the population.
- The chaotic process of privatisation creates the difficulty of establishing clear rules of the market. The proliferation of pressure Groups known as mafias is also
- Moscow is the capital and the biggest city of the Russian
Federation. Moscow is the political, economic, international trade, religious, financial, educational, and transport
centre of the Russian Federation.
- Russia shares borders with Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and North Korea.
- Russia shares maritime borders with Japan and the United States.
- Abolition of slavery in Russia: 1861
- Russia has 1,000 main cities (with 13 with more that one
millions of people).
- The biggest Russian cities are Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, Novosibirsk, and Yekaterinburg.
Russia belongs to the Economic Area of the Orthodox Civilisation.
Russian Autonomous Republics
- Altay Republic
- Adygea Autonomous Republic
- ADJARIAN AUTONOMOUS REPUBLIC
- The Republic of Buryatia
- The Republic OR CHUVASHIA
- CRIMEA REPUBLIC
- DAGESTAN REPUBLIC
Sample of the sub-subject Russian Federation: