EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Egyptian ports. Port Said and the Port
- The maritime transport in Egypt
- Port Said
- Port of Alexandria
- El Dekheila Port
- Suez Canal
Sample of the Sub-subject: Egyptian Ports:
Sub-Subject Description - Egyptian ports.
Maritime transport in Egypt:
- Coast: Egypt has 2,000 Km on the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Egypt controls the Suez Canal.
- Marine transport represent 90% of Egyptian Foreign Trade
- Largest ports: Port Said and Alexandria
- Damietta port. The oldest Egyptian port.
- Ports of El Adabey, Hurghada, and Nuweiba (development)
- Port Said is the biggest crossing traffic port in the World.
- Located at the Eastern entrance of Suez Canal (North of the Gulf of Suez)
- One of the largest Mediterranean ports.
- Major container hub port in the region
- Links Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Area of the port: 3 km².
- Warehouse area: 90,000 m²
- Container Yard Area: 435,000 m².
- General cargo. 4,9 millions of tons.
- 800,000 TEUs
- Maximum Ship Size: 13,2 meters (draft-vessels)
- Managed by Port Said Port Authorities
- East Container Terminal of Port Said. Operator: China Harbour
- Suez Canal Container Terminal of Port Said: transshipment center.
- Projects: the agricultural terminal, multipurpose terminal, new Logistics
center, ro-ro berth
Port of Alexandria.
- 65% of Egyptian Foreign trade
- The second largest port of Egypt
- Area: 16 km²
- Number of berths: 67 (10.600 meters)
- 20 terminals
- Managed by the Alexandria Port Authority
- Port of Alexandria consists of two ports: the Eastern Port and the Western Port (commercial shipping)
- Distance to Cairo: 180 Km.
- Connected by road, rail and air with the rest of Egypt.
- Mina el Basal (Cotton exchange) is located in the Port.
- One of the oldest ports in the World (1.900 BC).
Specialized Terminals of the Port of Alexandria:
- Container Terminal Hub. Alexandria Container Handling Company.
- Chinese Hutchison (HPH) Container Terminal
Zones of the Port of Alexandria.
- General Cargo Handling
- Ro-ro passengers, bulk cargo
- General Cargo
- Cement, coal, fertilizers
- Grains, flour
- Zone 6: oil dock.
El Dekheila Port.
- Area: 3.5 km²
- Number of berths: 14 (7.200 meters)
- 6 terminals
- Located at 6 Km from the Port of Alexandria
- Port of Dekheila is a natural extension of the port of Alexandria (1986)
Port Said belongs to the East African Economic Area
of the African Civilization.
- Cairo-Gaborone Corridor
- Cairo-Dakar Corridor
Maritime Transport in Africa