East African ports
EENI - Business School.
Subject (Course): Ports in East Africa: Mombasa, Maputo, Dar Es Salaam.
- The largest Ports in the East African region
- Djibouti: Port of Djibouti
- Egypt: Port Said and Port of Alexandria.
- Kenya: Port of Mombasa -
the largest port in the region
- Madagascar: Ports of Madagascar (Toamasina)
- Mozambique: Ports of Beira, Nacala, and Maputo
- Sudan: Port Sudan
- Tanzania: Port of Dar Es Salaam
- Mauritius Freeport
The objectives of the subject “East African ports” are:
- To know the largest ports in East Africa
- To analyse the main features of East African ports
Sample of the subject - Ports in East Africa:
Subject Description: East African ports
Estimations of distances and times between (in nautical miles - Nm):
|From Port of Mombasa to
Port of Maputo (Mozambique)
Port of Djibouti
Port of Sudan
Port of Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania)
Port of Toamasina (Tamatave) (Madagascar)
Port Said (Egypt)
Port of Casablanca (Morocco)
Port of Dakar (Senegal)
Port of Abidjan (Ivory Coast)
Port of Lagos (Apapa) (Nigeria)
Port of Luanda (Angola)
Port of Durban (South Africa)
Port of Santos (Brazil)
Port of Rotterdam (Netherlands)
Port of Shanghai (China)
|Estimated time (Days)|
Trans-African Highways related to East African countries:
- Northern Corridor (Kenya, Uganda. Access to South Sudan and Tanzania)
- N’djamena-Djibouti Corridor (Sudan, Ethiopia, and Djibouti)
- Cairo-Gaborone Corridor (Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Tanzania)
- Beira-Lobito Corridor (Mozambique)
- Lagos-Mombasa Corridor (Uganda and Kenya)
- North-South Corridor (Malawi, Mozambique, and Tanzania)
- Central Corridor (Tanzania and Uganda)
The East African region consists of…
- Countries with Sea access of East Africa: Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Kenya, Mozambique, Somalia, Sudan, and Tanzania.
- Landlocked countries of East Africa: Ethiopia, Malawi, South Sudan, and Uganda.
- Island countries: the Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, and Seychelles.
East African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.
See also: Central African ports (Burundi, Rwanda).
Integration and regional institutions in the East African region:
- East African Community
- Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa
- COMESA-EAC-SADC Tripartite Agreement
- Economic Community of the Great Lakes Region
- Indian Ocean Commission
- International Conference on
the Great Lakes Region
- Nile Basin Initiative
Maritime Transport in Africa