Doing Business in New York
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Business in New York (the United States). Syllabus:
- New York City’s economy (the United States).
- Central business districts.
- Global capital of fashion.
- Case Study:
- Ralph Lauren
- Liz Claiborne
- Jones Apparel Group.
- Professional services.
- Case: Omnicom Group Inc.
- Manufacturing and industrial.
- High Tech economy.
- Distribution sector.
- Establishing a business in New York City.
Sample of the Sub-subject: Doing Business in New York (America):
Sub-Subject Description (Doing Business in New York):
- New York ranks as the fifteenth largest economy in the World (Gross metropolitan product of 1.2
- NY ranks second in the United States by the number of Fortune
- New York City has one of the biggest international business communities in the World.
- New York export products
are 79.6 billion dollars, third place of international trade volume (after Texas and California).
- NY is the global capital of fashion with 75 major
fashion trade shows.
sectors generate 6% of the private employment (175,000 jobs)
- Omnicom Group and Interpublic Group are leading
Global marketing agencies and are headquartered in New York
- NY is the reference of bioscience.
- New York is a centre of
- Home to 10,000 producers and industrial firms (500,000 people, 15% of New York workforce).
- New York State is a world class technology centre
Joseph Safra, the richest Banker in the World
Amini Kajunju (President Africa-America Institute, the Democratic Republic of the Congo):
California - Miami - US economy