E-Learning Course “Doing Business in the Maghreb (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Mauritania)”
Course structure “Business in the Maghreb.”
- Maghrebian Economic Area as part of the Islamic Civilisation and the African Civilisation
- Integration in the Maghreb. Arab Maghreb Union (AMU)
- Doing Business in the Maghrebian countries (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Mauritania)
- The Maghrebian Businesspeople
- Logistics in the Maghreb
- Trans-African Highways
- The largest Maghrebian Ports
- Other regional institutions and agreements in the Maghreb
- Introduction to French and Arabic
- Islam in the Maghreb
- Business Plan for the Maghrebian markets
Course learning materials in (or Maghreb
The student has free access to the materials in these languages.
Download the syllabus of the course: “Doing Business in the Maghreb” (PDF)
The main objective of the course “International Trade and Business in the Maghreb”
(9 ECTS, e-learning)
are to provide an overview of the Maghrebian economy and business opportunities to:
- Learn to do business in the Maghreb (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Mauritania)
- Know the business opportunities in the Maghreb
- Understand how to negotiate in these countries.
- Analyse international trade and foreign direct investment flows
- Understand the importance of AMU (Arab Maghreb Union) and the Agadir Agreement.
- Explore the Free Trade Agreements (FTA) in the Maghreb.
- Know the largest ports and the Trans-African corridors in the Maghreb.
- Know the main Maghrebian Businesspeople
- Develop a business plan for the Maghreb
Course intended for all those wanting to specialise in the Maghrebian markets.
Sample of the course - Business in the Maghreb
Course “Trade and business in the Maghreb” - Syllabus:
1- Integration in the Maghreb.
- The Maghrebian Economic Area (1 ECTS)
as part of the Islamic Civilisation
and the African Civilisation
- Arab Maghreb Union (AMU) (0.7 ECTS)
- Community of Sahel-Saharan States (CEN-SAD) (0.1 ECTS)
- Arab Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement - Agadir Agreement
2- Doing Business in the Maghrebian countries.
- Doing Business in Algeria (1 ECTS)
- Doing Business in Libya (0.5 ECTS)
- Doing Business in Mauritania (0.5 ECTS)
- Doing Business in Morocco (2 ECTS)
- Doing Business in Tunisia (2 ECTS)
- Hichem Djaït
3- Maghrebian Businesspeople (0.1 ECTS).
- Othman Benjelloun
- Anas Sefrioui
- Aziz Akhannouch
- Miloud Chaabi
- Mohamed Hassan Bensalah
- Issad Rebrab
- Ali Haddad
- Mohamed Ali Harrath
4- Logistics in the Maghreb (1.1 ECTS).
4.1 African Highways Networks:
- Cairo-Dakar Corridor
- Algiers-Lagos (Trans-Saharan)
4.2 Largest Maghrebian Ports:
- Port of Casablanca (Morocco)
- Tunisian Ports
- Port of Algiers
5- Summary of other regional institutions and agreements in the Maghreb.
- Morocco-United States Free Trade Agreement
- European Union (EU)-Algeria Association Agreement
- Arab League
- Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (EUROMED)
- Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- European Neighbourhood Policy
- Islamic Development Bank
- African Development Bank
- Summit of South American-Arab Countries (ASPA)
- Asia-Middle East Dialogue (AMED)
- Organisation for the Development of the Senegal River
- Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)
- African Union (AU)
- New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD)
- Afro-Arab cooperation
- Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA)
6- Introduction to French and Arabic.
7- Islam in the Maghreb.
8- Business Plan for the Maghrebian markets.
The course “Business in the Maghreb” includes the Market Access Tool:
EENI - Middle East and Maghrebian Students:
❮ Samples of the Course “Business in the Maghreb” ❯