- MERCOSUR Agreement
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Economic Complementation Agreement between Peru and the MERCOSUR. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Economic Complementation Agreement between Peru and
the MERCOSUR (Southern Common Market) (ACE 54 and 55).
- Foreign Trade Peru-MERCOSUR (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay,
Bolivia, and Venezuela).
- Rules of Origin.
Sample of the sub-subject: Economic Complementation Agreement Peru-MERCOSUR
Sub-Subject Description - The Economic Complementation Agreement
between Peru and the MERCOSUR
The MERCOSUR (Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Venezuela) and Peru begin
negotiations towards a
Free Trade Agreement (FTA) within the framework agreement between the Andean Community and the MERCOSUR.
Negotiations between MERCOSUR
and Peru finished in 2005 with the signing of Economic Complementation Agreement
The main objectives of the MERCOSUR-Peru Economic Complementation Agreement (ACE) are:
- To set up legal and institutional framework to facilitate the free movement of export products and services
- To create a free trade area
- To promote foreign direct investment
between economic agents of Peru and the Southern Common Market (MERCOSUR):
- To promote complementarily and economic cooperation, trade, energy, science,
The Economic Complementation Agreement 58 covers
- External Trade Liberalization Program
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures
- Rules and certificate of origin
- National Treatment
- Antidumping and Countervailing
- Export Incentives
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Customs Valuation Standards and Technical Regulations
- Special Promotion
- Exchange of Trade Information Services
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Double Taxation
- Technology and Scientific Supplementation
International Trade Peru-MERCOSUR
The main exports of Peru to the MERCOSUR are
minerals and manufactures of copper, calcium phosphates, cotton shirts, zinc
ore, silver, olive, lacquers, and dyes and dyestuffs.
The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Peru and the MERCOSUR belongs to the Latin American Economic Area of the Western Christian Civilization.
MERCOSUR Free Trade Agreements (FTA) - Peru's Agreements - South America - Andean Community