EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Economic Complementation Agreement between Peru and the MERCOSUR. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Economic Complementation Agreement between Peru and the MERCOSUR (Southern Common Market) (ACE 54 and 55).
- Foreign Trade Peru-MERCOSUR (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, and Venezuela).
- Rules of Origin.
Sample of the sub-subject: Economic Complementation Peru-MERCOSUR Agreement
Sub-Subject Description: The Economic Complementation Agreement between Peru and the MERCOSUR
The MERCOSUR (Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Venezuela) and Peru begin
negotiations towards a
Free Trade Agreement (FTA) within the framework agreement between the Andean Community and the MERCOSUR.
Negotiations between MERCOSUR
and Peru finished in 2005 with the signing of Economic Complementation Agreement No 58.
The main objectives of the MERCOSUR-Peru Economic Complementation Agreement (ACE) are:
- To set up legal and institutional framework to facilitate the free movement of export products and services
- To create a free trade area
- To promote foreign direct investment between economic agents of Peru and the Southern Common Market (MERCOSUR):
- To promote complementarily and economic cooperation, trade, energy, science, and technology.
The Economic Complementation Agreement 58 covers
- External Trade Liberalisation Programme
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures
- Rules and certificate of origin
- National Treatment
- Anti-dumping and Countervailing
- Export Incentives
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Customs Valuation Standards and Technical Regulations
- Special Promotion
- Exchange of Trade Information Services
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Double Taxation
- Technology and Scientific Supplementation
- Dispute Settlement
International Trade Peru-MERCOSUR
The main exports of Peru to the MERCOSUR are minerals and manufactures of copper, calcium phosphates, cotton shirts, zinc
ore, silver, olive, lacquers, and dyes and dyestuffs.
The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Peru and the MERCOSUR belongs to the Latin American Economic Area of the Western Christian Civilisation.
MERCOSUR Free Trade Agreements (FTA) - Peru's Agreements - South America - Andean Community