Sub-subject: The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the MERCOSUR and Egypt. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the MERCOSUR and the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- International Trade Egypt-MERCOSUR (Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Paraguay).
- Certificate of Origin.
Sample of the sub-subject Egypt-
MERCOSUR Free Trade Agreement (FTA):
Sub-Subject Description: Egypt-MERCOSUR
Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
In 2010, the MERCOSUR (Southern Common Market)
signed a free trade agreement (FTA) with the Arab Republic of Egypt.
The objectives of the Arab Republic of Egypt-Southern Common Market (MERCOSUR) (Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Venezuela) Free Trade Agreement (FTA) are:
- To increase and improve their economic cooperation to raise the living
standards of their populations
- To eliminate difficulties and restrictions on international trade in products, including agricultural products
- To promote, through the growth of reciprocal trade, the development of their economic relations
- To provide fair conditions of international trade competition
- To create conditions for further encouragement of foreign direct investment (FDI) particularly for the development of joint investments; and
- To promote international
trade and cooperation between them in another country
Egypt-MERCOSUR Free Trade Agreement (FTA) is esteemed to facilitate the doubling of international trade between the Arab Republic of Egypt and the countries of the Southern
Common Market (Venezuela, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, and Paraguay).
The agreement will allow preferential treatment for Egyptian products entering the markets of Latin America and will reduce the cost of Egyptian imports for the major items including sugar, meat, and soy oil.
Summary of the Arab Republic of Egypt-MERCOSUR Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
Chapter I: General Dispositions
- Initial dispositions
- Trade in products
- Foreign Direct Investment and services
Chapter II: definition of the concept of “originating products.”
- Criteria for originating products
- Proof of origin
- Control and verification of certificates of origin
Chapter III: preferential safeguards.
- Conditions for application of preferential safeguard measures
- Investigation and transparency procedures
Chapter IV: disputes settlement.
Chapter V: final dispositions.
- Annex: originating products in the MERCOSUR imported into Egypt
- Annex: MERCOSUR-Egypt certificate of origin
- Annex: code of conduct for arbitrators of arbitration tribunal
- Annex: rules of procedure
Foreign Trade MERCOSUR-Egypt.
- Top trade partners of Egypt within Latin America are Brazil and Argentina.
- Foreign Trade between the Arab Republic of Egypt and Brazil reached USD
374.29 million between January and April with Egyptian exports at USD 23.64
million and Egyptian imports at USD 350.65 million.
The MERCOSUR belongs to the Latin American Economic Area of the Western Christian Civilisation
and Egypt to the Islamic and the African Civilisation.
MERCOSUR Free Trade Agreements (FTA) - South America - East Africa