Sub-subject: John Robert Marinho - Globo Organisations. Syllabus:
- João Roberto Marinho (Brazilian Businessperson)
- Globe Organisations
- Roberto Marinho Foundation
Sample of the Sub-subject: John Robert Marinho (Businessperson/Brazil):
Sub-Subject Description: João Roberto Marinho (Businessperson, Brazil).
- Ireneo Robert Marinho (Rio de Janeiro, 1947) is a
Brazilian Businessperson and President of the Group “Globo Organisations,” the largest media conglomerate in
- He leads the group since 2003 after the death of his father, Roberto Marinho.
- Mr Marinho is Christian
Catholic (Latin American Economic Area of the Western Christian Civilisation).
- John (João) Robert Marinho (Rio de Janeiro, 1953) is the Vice President of Globo Organisations and Chairperson of the Editorial Board of Globe Organisations.
He has a fortune of 6.5 billion dollars.
- He is the third of four children of a deceased Brazilian communications tycoon, Roberto Marinho (1904-2003).
- Globo Communication and Investments SA is the largest media
group in Brazil.
- Globo was created in 1925. The Globo group controls, among other companies, the leading television network in Brazil, the leading pay-TV
in Brazil, as well as Internet content and service providers, related companies, and music publishing magazines. More than
24,000 people work in the Globo Group.
- The conglomerate consists of over eighty different companies. They also have interests in banking, real estate industry or the food industry.
- In 1977, the journalist Roberto Marinho founded the Roberto Marinho
Foundation, today the Foundation is present in all regions of Brazil, valuing culture and national identity.
- The Marinho Foundation has managed to raise 84 million dollars through the “Hope Child” programme that mobilizes Brazilians to
donate resources to the UNESCO.
Religion, Ethics, and Business