India's Free Trade Agreements
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: India's International Economic Relations and Free Trade Agreements (FTA). Syllabus:
- Bilateral agreements: Sri Lanka, Singapore, Chile, the MERCOSUR, Korea, Pakistan, the European Union (EU), New Zealand, Mauritius, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Maldives,
- India's Regional Agreements
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Bay of Bengal Initiative (BIMSTEC)
- Agreement with the Southern Africa Customs Union (SACU)
- Generalized System of Preferences (India)
- Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement.
- Proposed agreements: Indonesia, the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Canada, Thailand, Australia,
and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
- Trade Relations with Andean Community.
- Trade Relations Africa-BRICS
Sample of the Sub-subject: India's Trade Agreements and Economic Relations (economic
area of the Hindu Civilization)
Sub-Subject Description: India's Free Trade Agreements:
India views regional trade agreements as building blocks towards
the total objective of international trade liberalization.
- Sri Lanka
- Andean Community
- South Korea
- European Union
- New Zealand
- Malawi - India Agreement
- India-Bhutan Agreement on Foreign Trade, commerce and Transit. The main objective of this agreement is to foster international trade and Economic development between India and Bhutan (Signed on 1995)
India has several Free Trade Agreements (FTA) with the African countries: Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Liberia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Swaziland, Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, Congo, Zambia,
- FTA: Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
- CECA: Exhaustive Economic Cooperation Agreement
- CEPA: Exhaustive Economic Partnership Agreement
- CECPA: Exhaustive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement
- PTA: Preferential Trade Agreement
FTA/under consultation and study.
- India-Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf Agreement
- India-Pakistan Trading Arrangement (no formal agreement)
- India-European Free Trade Association Negotiations on broad based trade and Investment Agreement
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- India-the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi - Sectoral
Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC)
- Indian-Ocean Rim Association (IORA)
- Asian Clearing Union (ACU)
- India-Southern Africa Customs Union (SACU)
- Global System of international trade Preferences
- Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA)
- Relations Africa-India
- Africa-Asia (India) Strategic Partnership