Doing Business in Guangzhou
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: International Trade and Business in Guangzhou, Canton, and Shenzhen (China). Syllabus:
- Introduction to Guangzhou (Canton - China).
- The Economy of Guangzhou
- International Trade of Guangzhou.
- Canton Fair.
- Shenzhen: a gateway for China to the outside world.
- The automotive sector in Guangzhou.
- The electronic information manufacturing industry.
- The logistics sector.
- The bio-pharmaceutical sector.
Companies in Guangzhou.
- Guangzhou Automotive Group.
- Guangzhou Pharmaceutical Holdings.
- ZTE Corporation.
- Galanz Group.
Sample of the Sub-subject: Doing Business in Guangzhou (Canton):
Sub-Subject Description: Foreign Trade and Business in Guangzhou:
Shenzhen: a gateway for China to the outside world.
Guangzhou has become one of the wealthiest cities in the People's Republic of China.
- Proximity to Hong Kong has allowed its development and the one of the whole Guangdong region.
- Completely open to foreign direct investment, Canton is an important industrial and commercial centre of the People's Republic of China, thanks to its international import and export fair.
- Guangzhou has such three pillar industries as Automotive, petrochemical, and electronic information manufacturing.
- Guangzhou (Canton) is in the Greater Pearl River Delta, one of mainland leading commercial, international trade and manufacturing regions of the People's Republic of China.
- Gross domestic product reached ¥911.28 billion (USD 133.5 billion), per capita was ¥89,498 (USD 13,111).
- Canton (Guangzhou) is the third biggest city in the People's Republic of China (population of 12.78 million).
- The auto industry is one of the largest industries of Guangzhou. The auto
production in Guangzhou reached 13,584 million, accounting for 7.44% of the total of the People's Republic of China (18,2647 million).552
companies exported their products (vehicles and auto components). Guangzhou has attracted 448 projects concerning auto and component production, involving a
total foreign direct investment volume of 9,258 billion dollars.
- Electronic information manufacturing industry is other of the three pillar industries in Guangzhou.
production of the electronic
information manufacturing industry in Guangzhou reached RMB 180 million (an increase of 32.8% compared to previous year).
- Guangzhou is a Chinese centre for road, rail, air, sea and river transport and information technology.
benefits from a strong
economic foundation and a strategic geographic position for the development of international logistics.
Shenzhen is situated at the Southern corner of the Chinese mainland and on
the eastern Bank of the Pearl River.
- Shenzhen neighbours Hong Kong.
- The total population that includes migrants reached 13.22 million.
- Shenzhen is the fourth on the Chinese mainland regarding the economic power and one of the Chinese cities that has generated the biggest economic returns.
- Shenzhen is a link between the Chinese mainland and Hong Kong and a
transport hub in
- Of the Fortune Global 500 companies, 180 have branches in Shenzhen.
Canton Fair is the biggest Import-Export fair in the World. Inaugurated in 1957, the event has become very famous thenceforth. Gathering 150,000 importers each year, the show is now a reference in the World of international business.