Free Trade Agreement
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Costa Rica-CARICOM (Caribbean Community) Free
Trade Agreement (FTA)
- Introduction to the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Costa Rica and the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
- Advantages of the Agreement.
- Certification of origin.
- International Trade Relations and foreign direct investment flows Costa Rica-CARICOM States.
Sample of the Sub-subject: Costa Rica-CARICOM Free Trade Agreement:
Sub-Subject Description - The CARICOM-Costa Rica Free Trade
The Costa Rica-Caribbean Community CARICOM Free Trade Agreement entered into force between
- Costa Rica-Barbados: 2006
- Costa Rica-Guyana: 2006
- Costa Rica-Trinidad and Tobago: 2005
- Costa Rica-Belize: 2011
- Costa Rica-Jamaica: 2015.
The objectives of the Costa Rica-CARICOM Free Trade Agreement (FTA) are to:
- Establish and develop a free trade area
- Stimulate bilateral trade growth and diversification between Costa Rica
and the CARICOM
member economies (Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St.
Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago)
- Eliminate barriers to international trade
- Facilitate the cross-border
movement of export products and services between Costa Rica and the CARICOM
- Promote conditions of fair competition in the free trade area
- Increase substantially foreign direct investment (FDI) opportunities in Costa
Rica and the CARICOM
- Promote regional integration in the Americas
Furthermore, the Costa Rica -CARICOM
Free Trade Agreement provides rules for the application of Anti-Dumping Measures
and the Parties to improve their
sanitary and phytosanitary measures.
International Trade CARICOM-Costa Rica.
- Exports of Costa Rica to the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) countries
- Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica are the main destinations of exports
of Costa Rica to the Caribbean Community.
Panama belongs to the Latin American Economic Area and Canada belongs to the North American
area of the Christian Civilization.
Costa Rica's Free Trade Agreements (FTA)