Sub-subject: Foreign direct investment (FDI) in China. Syllabus:
- Introduction to foreign direct investment (FDI) in China.
- Investment environment in China.
- Sectors for investing.
- Tips for investing.
- Project set-up.
- Investment costs and procedures.
- Case Study: Wal-Mart in China
Sub-Subject Description (Foreign Direct Investment FDI in China):
- Foreign direct investment in China: 383 billion USD
- The People's Republic of China has become a
favourable foreign direct investment destiny for multinationals.
- 122 mainland companies had been listed on the stock market of Hong Kong
- The People's Republic of China successfully took over the new-found international
- China detained the chance of manufacturing restructuring and global shift and attracted a great deal of foreign direct investment (FDI), making China
a significant production base in the World.
- With the full implementation of China's World Trade Organisation
engagements, apparent progress has been made in the service industry in the opening up.
- 71 foreign banks from twenty countries have set up 238 business operative institutions in China.
- Near ten Chinese-invested Commercial banks including China Construction Bank, Bank of China and the Industrial
and Commercial Bank of China have brought in a large strategic investments, and China Construction Bank and Bank of Communications were successfully listed abroad.
- On the basis of the World Trade Organisation engagements, the insurance industry has been
opened to foreign-invested insurance companies in all regions and all business excluding related statutory insurances.
Top sectors for investment:
- The industrial products
- Consumer Products
- Automotive components (Shanghai boasts the presence of important centres of the production of General Motors, Volkswagen, and Renault)
- Environment (financing and management of environmental projects, the export of equipment, and environmental technology, in particular for the treatment of wastewater and solid waste)
- Tourism (recent signing of an agreement between China and the European Union to speeding up processing of tourist visas to Europe opens up numerous possibilities)
Sample of the sub-subject Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in China:
Master in International Business Chinese students
Chinese economy - China transport ports - Customs - Beijing - Shanghai - Pearl River Delta - Shenzhen.