Course (e-learning) “Global Marketing” - Syllabus:
Subjects of the course “International Marketing” (13 ECTS, e-learning):
- International Promotion Policy (5 ECTS/2.5 AC)
- International Pricing Policy (1 ECTS/0.5 AC)
- International Distribution (5 ECTS/2.5 AC)
- International Product Policy (2 ECTS/1 AC)
Course learning materials in
Marketing. The student has free access to the materials in these languages.
Request for information of the course
The objectives of the Postgraduate Course in Global Marketing
- To learn about the key concepts in
international marketing. We will
analyse the purpose of international marketing, explore the concepts of price and value to the customer, examine the marketing
mix in the context of export marketing and discuss the key elements of an export marketing plan.
- To learn the key areas of international product policy, the importance of adapting
the product to local requirements when
entering new export markets and to analyse the product characteristics that typically need to be modified for different markets.
- To understand the importance of an appropriate International Pricing Strategy when entering new export markets.
- To examine the pricing options available to the exporter and outline the criteria to be used when establishing a pricing strategy. The criteria defined in
pricing under Incoterms.
- To learn the importance of an appropriate International Promotion Strategy when entering new export markets, examine the promotion options available to the exporter, outline the key points to note when designing a company brochure and analyse the tools available when implementing a promotion
- To understand the influence of a country's international brand on
its export performance.
- To understand the fundamentals of international trade appropriate preparation and attendance and its related follow-up activity.
- To understand how to plan and prepare a business trip to a
prospective export market and the follow-up, which will then be required.
- To learn the importance planning an appropriate International Distribution Strategy when entering new export markets, examine the distribution options available to the exporter, outline the criteria to be used when selecting a distribution option and analyse strategies that can be implemented for consumer and/or industrial products.
- To know the channel options, that may be used when
entering new export markets. We are going to examine the direct and indirect export channels open to the exporter, analyse the functions of importers and representatives, discuss the use of the company personnel and sales or production
subsidiaries as well as explore franchising, licensing and other channels.
- To explore the process of evaluating, recruiting and managing international sales representatives and the mechanism involved in selling into department stores and hypermarkets.
Sample of the course International Marketing