Sub-subject: Trade Relations between China and the Andean Community. Syllabus:
- Foreign Trade China-Andean Community.
- Agreement to set up a political consultation and cooperation mechanism between the Andean Community and the People's Republic of China.
- China-Peru Free Trade Agreement.
Sample of the sub-subject: China-Andean Community
Sub-Subject Description: China and the Andean Community:
The Andean Community and China signed in 2010 an “Agreement for the establishment of a political consultation and cooperation mechanism”
to intensify their cooperation and international trade.
The objectives of the “Political Consultation and Cooperation Mechanism” are to:
- Promote consultations regarding the regional and International situations.
- Enhance dialogue and cooperation.
- Promote cooperation in international trade and business and technological exchanges.
- Facilitate access to their respective markets.
- Contribute to positioning the Andean Community within the Pacific
- Promote intercultural exchanges.
Foreign Trade China-Andean Community.
- International Trade between the Andean Community (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru)
and People's Republic of China: 14,284 million dollars (- 11% over the previous year).
- In the last decade, the annual trade balance was negative to the Andean Community.
- Andean Community exports to the People's Republic of China: 5,194 million dollars (+11% on the previous year).
- In the last decade, the Andean exports grew at an average annual cumulative rate of 29%.
- The main exporter to China is Peru. Exports from Peru to China: 4,000 million dollars (78% of the Andean Community exports to China.)
- Andean Community imports from the People's Republic of China: 9,090 million dollars (down by 20% over those recorded in 2008).
- The Republic of Colombia and Peru are the Andean Community countries with the biggest level of imports from
the People's Republic of China.
Andean Countries belongs to the Western Christian Civilisation (Latin American) and China to the Sinic civilisation.
China's Free Trade Agreements (FTA)