Sub-subject: Foreign trade and business in the Central West region of Brazil: Goiás, Mato Grosso do Sul. Syllabus:
- Economic Profile of the Central West region of
- The State of Goiás - Goiânia
- The State of Mato Grosso.
- The State of Mato Grosso do Sul - Campo Grande.
- Federal District: Brasília.
Sub-Subject Description: International Trade and Business in the Central West region of Brazil:
The Federal District: Brasília.
- Federal District (2 million inhabitants) is the administrative unit in which
the capital of the Federative Republic of Brazil, Brasilia is located.
- Most economic activity in the federal capital is related to the public administration, more than 50% of the Federal District GDP is generated by the public sector (3.8% of Brazilian GDP).
- Federal District has the highest per capita income in Brazil (US $
27,610 per person).
The State of Goiás
- Goias has 6 million people in its 246 municipalities. Goiás borders:
Tocantins, Bahia, Minas Gerais, Mato Grosso do Sul, and Mato Grosso.
- The capital of Goias is Goiania (2 million people).
- Goiânia economy maintains an index higher than the Brazilian average growth. The results are the consequence of planned work related to major industrial parks. According to IBGE, Goiás is positioned as the Brazilian state that has increased its industrial production.
- Goiânia economy is based on foreign and domestic trade, industry (mining, agribusiness, textiles, chattel, metal, wood), livestock, and agriculture (soybean, rice, cotton, sugar-cane).
- Goiás: eleventh position among
Brazilian exporting states.
The State of Mato Grosso.
- Mato Grosso has an area of 903,357,908 square kilometres. The State of Mato Grosso is the third largest state in Brazil, below only of Amazonas and Pará.
- Mato Grosso is one of the places with the highest volume of freshwater in the world.
- Cars and automotive parts
distribution is the fast growing economic sector
- The State of Mato Grosso is the largest exporter in the Central West and one of the largest in Brazil (8.45 billion dollars).
- Trade balance of Mato Grosso moved from tenth to eighth place in the Brazilian ranking.
- Cuiaba, the capital of Mato Grosso state, generates much of the electricity consumed by the state. The economy is based mainly on the agroindustrial sector.
The State of Mato Grosso do Sul.
- Mato Grosso do Sul is located in the Midwest region of Brazil.
- Capital: Campo Grande.
- With an area of 358,159 square kilometres, Mato Grosso limits with Bolivia and
Paraguay (west) and with
Parana, São Paulo, Minas Gerais
- The capital of Mato Grosso do Sul, Campo Grande, generates 25% of GDP.
- Campo Grande is the largest economic centre of Mato Grosso do
- The main industrial activities of Mato Grosso do Sul: production of food products, processing of non-metallic minerals and the timber industry.
- Dourados has the second-largest GDP among the municipalities of Mato Grosso do Sul.
Sample of sub-subject - trade and business in the Central West region of Brazil: