Sub-subject: International Trade and Business in Bangalore Karnataka (India). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the State of Karnataka (India): the fourth-largest technology hub in the World.
- The Economy of Karnataka.
- International Trade of the state of Karnataka
- Doing Business in Bangalore: the Silicon Valley of India.
- Information Technology in Karnataka.
- Business Opportunities in Karnataka.
Companies in Bangalore.
- INFOSYS (Senapathy Gopalakrishnan)
- Karuturi Global
- BIOCON (Kiran Mazumdar)
- WIPRO (Azim Premji)
Azim Hashim Premji (Muslim)
Sub-Subject Description (Doing Business in Bangalore):
Karnataka - Bangalore: the Silicon Valley of India:
- Karnataka is the eighth biggest State of India (in area and population).
- Karnataka is the Information Technology powerhouse or the silicon state of India.
- NASDAQ opened its office in Bangalore in 2001.
- The State of Karnataka is among the leaders in economic growth in India.
- Karnataka is the fourth major recipient of foreign direct investment in India.
- Employment and per capita revenue levels are high, and nearly the entire population has access to education and health facilities.
- Bangalore (capital of Karnataka) is known as the Information Technology Capital of India and is the fourth major technology hub in the World.
- Karnataka (economic area of the Hindu Civilisation) also has the highest number of biotechnology companies in India. Bangalore accounts for at least 97 of the 240 biotechnology companies in India
- Whereas agriculture is the pillar of the population, the services and industrial sectors have shown substantial growth attracting major global companies.
- Karnataka haves a huge pool of information technology professionals and some of best academic research institutions of India.
Senapathy Gopalakrishnan (Hinduism)
Sample of the Sub-subject: Doing Business in Bangalore:
Incorporated in 1994, Karuturi Global is the largest manufacturer of cut roses in the World, with an area of 292 hectares under Greenhouse cultivation and an annual production capacity of 555 million stems.
Almost their entire produce is exported to high-value markets.
Economy of India - New Delhi - Mumbai - Andhra Pradesh - Gujarat - Haryana