Economic Institutions and Integration
EENI - Business School.
Module “Economic Institutions and Regional Agreements in Asia” (e-learning)
The main objective of the specialisation module “Institutions and integration
agreements in Asia” is to provide an overview of the Asian economy, the largest Asian economic institutions (the Asian Development Bank, the Economic and Social
Commission for Asia and the Pacific), the integration processes in Asia, and the international economic relations in Asia.
The module “Economic Institutions and Integration Agreements in Asia” consists of three parts:
- Asian economic institutions. Asian economy
- Asia's International Economic Relations
- Introduction to Integration Agreements in Asia-Pacific (Summary)
Sample of the module - Agreements in Asia
Subjects - “Economic institutions and regional agreements in Asia”
1- Asian economic institutions and the Asian Economy.
- Introduction to the Asian economy (1 ECTS).
- Economic Integration in Asia-Pacific (1 ECTS)
- Asian Development Bank (1 ECTS)
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) (1 ECTS)
- Boao Forum for Asia (0.1 ECTS)
- Colombo Plan (0.1 ECTS)
- Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD)
2- Asia's International Economic Relations.
- Africa-Asia Strategic Partnership (NAASP) (0.2 ECTS)
- Asia-Europe Economic Meeting (ASEM) (0.1 ECTS)
- Forum for East Asia-Latin America Cooperation (FEALAC) (0.1 ECTS)
- Asia-Middle East Dialogue (AMED) (0.1 ECTS)
- Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PEEC)
- Generalised System of Preferences (GSP)
3- Introduction to Integration Agreements in Asia-Pacific (Summary).
- The main economic integration agreements in Asia
- The main Asian civilisations and their relationship to the processes of economic integration: Sinic-Buddhist, Islamic, Hindu.
- Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- Bay of Bengal Initiative (BIMSTEC)
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
- Asian Clearing Union (ACU)
- Economic Cooperation Organisation (ECO)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- Mekong River Commission
- Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA)
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Pacific Islands Forum (PIF)
- Oceania Customs Organisation (OCO)
- Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership Agreement (TPP)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy (ACMECS)
- Indian-Ocean Rim Association (IORA)
- Eurasian Economic Community (EurAsEC)
- Eurasian Economic Union (EEU)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Central Asia Regional Economic
Cooperation (CAREC) Programme
Master in International Business for Asian Students
Courses: Doing Business
Asia Trade Agreements (comparative table).