Sub-subject: Agadir Agreement / Arab Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement (FTA). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Arab Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement (Agadir Agreement).
- Members of the Agadir Agreement: Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, and Jordan.
- Agadir Technical Unit.
- Barcelona Process.
- The Agadir Agreement and the Pan-Euro-Mediterranean System of Accumulation of Origin.
- Foreign Trade between Agadir countries.
- International Trade with the European Union (EU).
- Case Study:
- Doing Business in Jordan.
- The automotive sector in the Arab-Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
Sample of the sub-subject (The Agadir agreement):
Sub-Subject Description (Arab Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement).
The Arab Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement (FTA) was initiated in Agadir (Morocco) in 2001 by the four Arab Mediterranean countries of Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco, and the Arab Republic of Egypt.
The main objective of the Arab Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement is to establish a free trade area between Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan, and the European Union.
Agadir Agreement creates a free trade zone of 120 million consumers.
The objectives of the Arab Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement are:
- Set-up a Free Trade Area between the Arab Republic of Egypt-Jordan-Morocco-Tunisia
and the European Union
- To boosting foreign trade between
the Arab Republic of Egypt-Jordan-Morocco-Tunisia and between them and the European Union (EU)
- Economic development and integration through the implementation of the Pan-Euro-Med rules of origin.
- To attract Foreign direct investment (FDI)
Agadir agreement, which lies within the spirit of the Barcelona process (European Union); it is one of the regional preferential agreements of the Pan-Euro-Mediterranean
Agadir Agreement and the Pan-Euro-Mediterranean system of accumulation of origin.
In the Euro-Mediterranean area, the implementation of the diagonal accumulation of origin is governed by the rule known as “variable geometry.” This rule stipulates that the economies in this area cannot cumulate the origin unless the Free Trade Agreements (FTA) including a Pan-Euro-Mediterranean protocol origin apply to them.
Agadir agreement belongs to the African
Civilisation and the Islamic Civilisation.