ASEAN-South Korea Free Trade Area
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: The Free Trade Area between ASEAN and South Korea.
- Introduction to the ASEAN-Korea Free Trade Area
- Foreign Trade between the ASEAN countries and South Korea.
- The ASEAN-South Korea Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
Sample of the sub-subject: The ASEAN-South Korea (FTA):
Sub-Subject Description - ASEAN-South Korea Free Trade Area:
The Framework Agreement on exhaustive Economic and Trade Cooperation was
signed at the 9th Summit of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
The ASEAN-South Korea Free Trade Area entered into force in 2010.
The Framework Agreement provides for the ASEAN-South Korea Free Trade Area:
- 2008 for South Korea
- 2010 (with flexibility to 2012) for Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand
- 2016 for Vietnam
- 2018 for Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar.
Foreign Trade Korea-ASEAN.
- International Trade between the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and South Korea is robust despite the global economic and financial
- Compared to the 22% decline in the global trade in 2009, the total
bilateral trade between the ASEAN and South Korea showed a strong efficiency with only a slight
drop of 4% from the previous year, reaching the level of 75 billion dollars
from 78 billion dollars.
- Foreign trade volume between the Association of Southeast Asian Nations member economies and the Republic of Korea
tripled from 2001 - 08 from 32 billion dollars to 90
- The value of the total trade between the ASEAN and Korea was much higher than its
pre-global crisis (61 billion dollars in 2007).
ASEAN's Free Trade Agreements (FTA)