ASEAN's Free Trade Agreements
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: ASEAN's Free Trade Agreements. Plus 3
- Introduction to the External Relations of the Association of South-East Asian Nations
- The ASEAN Plus 3 Cooperation.
- Chiang Mai Initiative Multilateralisation.
- Asian Bond Market Initiative
- ASEAN: China, India, Japan, Korea, and Pakistan
- ASEAN: Australia-New Zealand, the European Union (EU), and Russia
- ASEAN: Canada and the United States
Sample of the Sub-subject: ASEAN's Free Trade Agreements:
Sub-Subject Description: ASEAN's Free Trade Agreements (FTA) (South-east Asia):
ASEAN Plus 3 (APT) consists of the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN), the People's Republic of China, Japan, and the Republic of Korea.
The ASEAN Plus 3 cooperation framework has broadened and deepened. In international finance and monetary cooperation, progress has been
steady and flowed to focus on the implementation of the “Chiang Mai Initiative Multilateralisation” and the Asian Bond Market Initiative.
- Chiang Mai Initiative Multilateralisation, a 120 billion dollars currency swap facility involving the central banks and finance ministries of the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN), China, Japan, and South Korea (ASEAN+3) and the Monetary Authority of Hong Kong, the People's Republic of China, has come into
- T Asia Bond Market Initiative is an ASEAN+3 initiative supported by the Asian Development Bank and funded by the Government of Japan.
The Asia Bond Market Initiative is intended to promote bond market development in the region: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, the People's Republic of China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
ASEAN Foreign trade with the ASEAN+ 3 countries was USD 414 billion (27% share of the total ASEAN trade last year).
The total flows of foreign direct investment from the +3 countries into the Association of South-East Asian Nations were still strong with a slight decline of 1.3% from USD
8.4 billion to USD 8.2 billion.
- China-ASEAN Agreement
- ASEAN-Canada Economic Cooperation Agreement
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Agreement
- ASEAN-India Trade in Goods Agreement
- Trans-Regional ASEAN-European Union Trade Initiatives
- ASEAN-Japan Exhaustive Economic Partnership
- ASEAN-South Korea Free Trade Area
- Trade and Investment Framework Agreement (ASEAN-United States)
- ASEAN-Pakistan Free Trade Area
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
Other Free Trade Agreements (FTA) in the ASEAN region:
- Singapore-New Zealand
- Singapore-European Free Trade Association (EFTA)